Shailesh Gupta is the Vice President of Network Operations at Tata
Communications. Shailesh Gupta has a Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science & Technology) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management. He has over 23 years of experience in IT/Telecom/SP, and has been working at Tata Communications Ltd. for the last 14 Years (known as VSNL before 13 Feb 2008).
Shailesh has been actively involved in or led the following
- Internet re-launch in 1998
- Metro Ethernet roll out in 2005
- Setting up SOC & IPCC in 2006
- Wi-Max(16 d) deployment in 2007
- Teleglobe Integration in 2008
- Neotel NOC transition in 2011
- ACE (Automatic Config Engine) in 2012
He was a Scientist “SD” in National Informatics Center(NIC), Govt of
India for five years was associated with NICNET (India’s largest WAN),
C-Band/KU Band, Passport/ General Elections/Treasuries/Press
Information Bureau, UPNET projects, and was a Senior Network Executive
with Fujitsu ICL for four years. He has deployed various Mainframe(S-39)
& Mini (DRS-6000/K-1025) at IIT-D, IITK, LIC, SBI, SCB, Grindlays etc.